Saturday, September 17, 2011

Raspberry Sweet Tea


This will make 2 Quarts. Just double everything for a gallon. I made this in my ice tea maker. I put 4 tea bags (I like it a little stronger) and my 2 quarts of water in to brew. I added the sugar to the pitcher so it would dissolve. After it was done brewing, I added the lemon juice and the raspberry syrup. I did not have a 1/3 cup measuring cup so I found out that by using 5 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon, I could get an exact 1/3 cup! I may or may not have added a little more raspberry syrup... you'll never know for sure. Very yummy! My iced tea maker has a line where it suggests adding ice after the tea is brewed. So, I did that and put it in the fridge!
Raspberry Sweet Tea

8 cups water
3 tea bags
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup bottled lemon juice
2 T. raspberry flavor syrup (such as Torani or Davinci)
Bring water to boil , remove from heat add tea bags, cover and steep 1 hour.

Pour sugar into 2 quart pitcher - add steeped tea, lemon juice and raspberry syrup.
Cover and chill.


No comments:

Post a Comment