Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fajita Marinade

I bought Fajita meat the other day at the store and threw it in the freezer. I have everything for fajitas so I took it out of the freezer this afternoon and found a marinade on Allrecipes.com.


All recipes has a serving calculator so I typed in "2" (because I had 8 oz. of meat... I plan on freezing the rest after I grill it). If you click on the link, you can go to AllRecipes.com and make it for a bigger serving size. This recipe below contains the amount for 2 servings sizes.
I did everything according to to this recipe, except I didn't have a garlic clove. I added some garlic salt instead of the regular salt.



1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice (I doubled this)
2 teaspoons water
3/4 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 clove garlic, crushed
1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

In a large resealable plastic bag, mix together the lime juice, water, olive oil, garlic, soy sauce, salt, and liquid smoke flavoring. Stir in cayenne and black pepper.
Place desired meat in the marinade, and refrigerate at least 2 hours, or overnight. Cook as desired.


I looked at a lot of the reviews and made a few changes. I added some cumin, beef bouillon, and chili powder. My meat was frozen so I placed it in the bag and put it in the fridge for 3 hours and then I grilled it on the George Foreman. It was very good, but I will add less lime juice next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment