Saturday, January 22, 2011

Grilled Garlic Herb Potatoes

Another success! Can I just say, I am grateful for my friend George!

So, this recipe says "you can adjust it accordingly." So- that's what I did! I bought two baking potatoes, and they were huge! I just sliced up one. Actually, all I have is a little paring knife so the poor potatoes weren't exactly sliced the best. I sliced them in thin circles so they would cook quicker.
-As you can see, the potatoes are all different shapes! Oh well, still tasted great!

Since I only cooked one potato, I made up my own measurements for the spices. I added a sprinkle of this and a sprinkle of that. They turned out excellent! I put an extra splash of lemon juice. I would say I put a 1/2 tsp of each of the seasonings with a little less salt.


So, I guess I didn't really follow the recipe to a ''tee'' but it was still a success! I did place all the ingredients in a little Tupperware bowl, since that is all I had, and let them ''soak'' for about 20-25 minutes. I think that helped add flavor too.

I did not have any herbs so I left this out. I left the skins on the potatoes.


I also found out when I didn't touch them, they got pretty grill marks!


Here are the ingredients I used:



Grilled Garlic Herb Potatoes

6 potatoes, un-peeled and sliced
lengthwise, about 1/3" thick
1/3 cup olive oil
2 Tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
(or any other herb you like)
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon black powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Rinse the sliced potatoes and pat dry.
In a large bowl, combine the potatoes
with remaining ingredients and toss
well. Allow to marinate for about 1/2
hour.

Grease and pre-heat grill. ( I didn't grease the grill since there was EVOO in the marinade. I had no trouble with them sticking)

Grill potatoes in batches for 5-7 minutes
or until done. (I wanted them to be soft yet still crunchy so each batch took a good 10-12 minutes)

You can keep the cooked potatoes warm
by placing them on an uncovered plate
in a 200*F. oven. Just keep them in a
single layer.

This recipe serves 6 people, but you
can adjust it accordingly.

I think you should try this, even if you aren't at college. :D A great recipe and fun to make too! I even had enough for leftovers!

1 comment: