Thursday, September 5, 2013

"Cream of" Soup

I bought some beef tips the other day from Sams and seperated it into 1 pound packages to freeze. I was in the mood for my mom's beef tips, but when I went to make them, I realized I didn't have cream of mushroom soup on hand. I searched and found this recipe from Center Cut Cook and it is tasty by itself!



Cream Soup Substitute
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 3 tablespoons flour 
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup milk (I used 1%)
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  1. In a small sauce pan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour and let cook for 1-2 minutes.
  2. Slowly stir in chicken broth, then milk. Whisk until it begins to thicken. Let it simmer for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
  3. Jenna's notes: It gets thick really quickly, so I probably added another 1/4 cup of milk to it. It still was the consistency of a canned soup! 

No comments:

Post a Comment